Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 29, 2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009.
Britton and I went for one of our usual hikes in Hixon Forest. It was a chilly night and we didn't have much time before it would start to get dark. We took a quick breather at the top of the bluff while watching the beautiful sunset.

Britton turned to me and said he had a gift for me, but that I would have to agree to a few things first. He began to pull his rock climbing rope from his pocket, which had multiple knots in it. Each knot had criteria with it. In order to reach the next knot, I had to agree to the terms of that knot. With the first knot, I had to agree to go fishing. With the second knot, I had to agree to try rock climbing (I'm very afraid of heights, but I agreed). [Knots 3 thru 7 were a blur as I began to cry when I realized what was going to happen!] With the final knot, I had to agree to love him for the rest of my life and "tie the knot" with him. Before I knew it, Britton got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I managed to blurt out YES through my tears. A beautiful engagement ring was strung through a loop at the end of the rope.. I haven't stopped looking at it since!!

Enjoy the few pictures we have.. :) Britton also had beautiful flowers and a letter waiting for me.. It was simply perfect. Let the wedding planning begin... [Lacy]

[Unfortunately, neither of us took a camera on our hike.. Sorry we don't have any pictures from the top of the bluff!]


Flowers, a letter, a wonderful new fiance, and a beautiful engagement ring! [Britton wanted to make sure I admitted to putting my flowers in a Nalgene bottle. I couldn't find a vase.. I thought it was pretty clever ;)]


My fiance!!



He did good! I absolutely love it :)





1 comment:

  1. Congrats you two - we are so excited and happy for you. Enjoy the planning and Britton - nice job!

    ReplyDelete